Tuesday, April 19, 2011

At the cross.....

At the cross I bow my knee
Where Your blood was shed for me
There's no greater love than this
You have overcome the grave
Your glory fills the highest place
What can separate me now?



Last week hubby & I were at Home Depot looking for screws for the new Ikea shelves.  I got bored looking at screws and wandered away when HUGE nails caught my eye.  I purchased 8 large nails for a project for kids church & Easter.  Here's the finished project:



Instructions.  6 nails, glue gun, black twist-ties, cut 2x4 & twine.




I glued 2 nails together and wrapped twine in a criss-cross pattern. I then glued any gaps in the twine, to help it stay sturdy.



After making 3 crosses.  I took our jar of saved twist-ties (hubby refuses to throw them away) and pulled out all the black ones. I made a circle out of a larger twist-tie.  I used other black twist-ties and cut them in 1/4's & 1/3's.  I wrapped the cut ties around the circle to make the crown of thorns.



I found a cut piece of 2x4 (it was 17" long) in our garage and nailed the 3 crosses to the board...and it's finished.  I saved the last 2 nails for the kids to see & touch representing the nails that were used to crucify Jesus.  We have some faux moss at church that I may glue to the board.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment