Monday, April 18, 2011

Cardigan Power!

I found a couple of cute dresses last week at Kohls, but they're sleeveless.  I couldn't find any cardigans that I liked or wanted to spend money on.  Today on facebook a friend posted a t-shirt upcycling she did...taking a t-shirt and making it into a cardigan.  I spent hours thinking about it and instead of going to bed, I made myself a t-shirt cardigan.  It won't win any beauty pageants or design awards, but it cost me nothing & I love it.  It took an hour for me from start-to-finish.  The next one won't take as long...I really analyzed each cut before I did it.

The t-shirt Before:
I cut it up the middle in the front.  



Then I used a small plastic card to help me cut a some-what straight line to shorten the bottom of the shirt.  I actually did two lines, the first line wasn't short enough.


I then cut the arm hems off.  I took one of the hems & cut in the middle and sewed each half to the top of the shirt to make a tie.


This was so much fun.  I spent no money and now have a great addition to my dresses.  After:


1 comment:

  1. oh I love it!!!! Great job!!! Jersey fabric is awesome because it doesn't fray...so you don't have to sew it at the edges and it still looks nice! Love the tie! Great job!

    ReplyDelete