Saturday, May 14, 2011

Bling-around-the-wrist

I found an ugly necklace on clearance at Kohls - the beads were lovely, just the pattern was obnoxious.  While carrying it around the store it broke, so I got a discount on the clearance price, total $6.  I purchased stretchy .5mm clear elastic cord at JoAnn's for $4.

Necklace Before (It was double strung and all the colors were segregated):


I cut the necklace apart and poured the beads onto a plate.  I saved the clasp for a future bracelet.  So pretty, when all together on the plate.


I made two bracelets - one I knotted the elestic together.  The other I used a $1.29 clasp.


Next I used a necklace I found in the parking lot of Target last Fall.  I cut it up and made it into a beautiful necklace and pendant for a necklace.  I used the clasp from the original necklace (above) to make a double-bracelet. 

Before:

I also took a teal beaded bracelet that I've been wearing and added a yellow oval bead from the original necklace to make a bracelet and necklace pendant.

Before:


Tonight I made 5 bracelets and 2 pendants.  The 5th bracelet was a combo of silver beads from original necklace and tiny teal beads I purchased at Michael's a month ago for $2.

AFTER:


Total spent $12 and I still have 1/2 the beads left from original necklace and tons and tons of the clear stretchy elastic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment