Tuesday, July 19, 2011

More shelves!!!!

I've been dreaming of a china cabinet for years, with the intent to display my colorful dishes & have more storage.  I haven't found the right china cabinet or the right priced one.  Looking for ideas we went to Ikea (we never leave empty handed) and found a nice shelf that would be "good enough" for $40.

Dear Hubby hung them up and now I'm ready to display & decorate!!

Before & Off-Centered between window & sliding glass door

In process - we moved it (covering up a precious outlet) to make it centered

After: With my dishes displayed.  Love that things don't have to be matchy-matchy (since Ikea doesn't carry this same wood color from 4 years ago).

I love seeing all my pretty dishes
11 years after picking them out we still love them!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, those ARE pretty dishes! We have Fiestaware and love the different colors too. I've always had a shelf collecting "problem" too. Careful now...every time you gain a shelf, you gain more fun stuff to display on it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete