Monday, February 7, 2011

Birthday Celebrating Begins!!

Tonight we went out to eat to celebrate a friend and my birthday.  We had planned this weeks ago and picked out a new restaurant for all of us to experience - an expensive restaurant.  Honestly when we planned out the celebration we didn't realize it was the Super Bowl, for me it was a night off from work.  We arrived at the restaurant at 4:45pm only to be told they were closing at 5pm for the Super Bowl.  I was livid - I have never been a fan of sports, but this is icing on the cake.  Football changes the priorities of so many people in my life, that it irks me to no end.  My favorite day of the year is the DAY AFTER the Super Bowl.  I'm not sure if we'll ever try to go back to this place to eat. 1) It's expensive 2) I'm not sure I can ever look at them the same again.  They closed 4 hours early for a dang sporting event...and our state wasn't even in it!  Ugh!!!!  Soooooo bummed and irked.

We ended up eating at a great Mexican restaurant and having a great time...and it was less money! :)  After dinner we headed to our friends house for cake....the cake of all cakes.  The Tinkerbell cake I've been joking about and providing count downs til my birthday for.  It was AMAZING!! I marvel at all the details (the whole things sparkled!!)...and it tasted amazing with a mint icing.  Best Birthday Cake EVER!!!!!!!





They also blessed me with a Michael's gift-card...so I can continue to create more things!

We gave him birdie things I made - he & I are both obsessed with the cute bird from the French Manor Cricut Cartridge that my mom owns.  This whole thing cost $4.  Vase & Frame (painted) from the Dollar Tree.  Magnet was a re-purposed "Save the Date" magnet from a year ago.  The soaps were $1 each at Target.  We also gave him a gift-card to Half-Priced Books.

This is a great start to my birthday week!!

1 comment: