Monday, January 9, 2012

Ahhhhhh, I feel so calm!

This year I was ready to take Christmas stuff down by new years eve.  I waited it out and pushed myself until January 7th.  Saturday night I took it all down within an hour, hubby got out all the tubs and we finished putting everything away after church on Sunday.  I've already plotted out my new design plan, but it came out better than expected.  I love the serene feeling when I've created a new look and with minimal money - I love Goodwill & Savers and awesome friends who pass on their discards to me!!


Friday night my house looked like this still:

By Sunday night it looked like this:

I have a collection of stars that I use all over, but decided to make a "star wall."  I had everything already, except for a new star candle holder I got at Goodwill last week for $1, that was copper and I painted silver.
Dining room "China Cabinet"
 Kitchen counter.  The snowman is a coffee creamer bottle that I painted.
 I found 1 sconce at Goodwill and 1 at Savers.  When I got them home they were identical.  I wasn't even trying to match them other than the color.  Both candles are from Goodwill.
 I usually don't decorate for Valentines, but I had a few things that would work and pulled them together.  The XOXO glitter sign is from Kohl's clearance for less than $2.50. The birds I got after Christmas on clearance and they work for for Valentines, Winter and Christmas.
Above is Christmas lights we put up in the alcove above the built-ins.  It's so nice with the colored glass vases and adds some nice, soft light to our living room.


I can't believe how fast this all came together yesterday, when I started putting things up.  I'm always impressed with my creativity and how peaceful I feel sitting in my newly decorated house...using things I already had for picking things up for a couple of dollars at a thrift store. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment