Monday, August 29, 2011

T-shirt Upcycle

I've been searching for a short-sleeved brown cardigan all summer with no luck.  I bought a $5 t-shirt at JcPenney's last month.  I cut half of it off from the bottom and cut up the middle.  I had brown shoe laces that I cut down (burned the cut ends to keep them from raveling) and sewed into the V-nceck of the shirt.  Simple and goes with all 3 sleeve-less dresses that I needed to cover up.





Next shirt, just didn't fit well anymore.  I was going to give to Goodwill, but decided to experiment on it.  All I did was cut up the middle to the buttons.  I tried it on with 3 different outfits.

Here is another shirt exactly like it not cut and the cut version.



Shirt #3 I got a little fancy with.  I cut off the bottom hem and cut up the middle to the buttons.  I sewed the hem into a ruffle and attached over the buttons.
Identical shirt not cut & new shirt:



1 comment: