Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Every Step

I'm currently using the devotional "Jesus Calling, 365 Devotions for Kids" by Sarah Young.  Even though it's for kids, I think anyone can get something from it.  The following is from February 1:


Every Step

“For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go.” Psalm 91:11

The future is like a huge mountain looming in front of you.  Its peaks are spiked with troubles, and its sides are pitted with problems.  How can you face something so huge?

The real trouble is not the mountain – it’s that you’re looking only at the mountain.  And because you aren’t looking at where you’re going right now, you stumble on the easy path of today.

I know how much that future mountain worries you.  But it may not even be part of our path.  You don’t know what will happen today, much less tomorrow.  I may suddenly turn you away from that mountain, or show you an easier path.  But I promise that if I ask you to climb that mountain, I will give you everything you need to reach the top.  My angels will protect you.  And I will be right by your side every step of the way.

Read on your own: Psalm 18:29; Psalm 91:12; 2 Corinthians 5:7.

No comments:

Post a Comment